DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

28 January, 2008

Thank You...

Just read something and felt like writing this...dunno if they'll ever read this...but just wanted to put it out...

Thank you Mummy Papa,

For the amazing amount of sacrifices you made to make me what I am today.
For the way you fought with a world and society where having a daughter is considered a liability
For believing in me...trusting me...sometimes even when I didnt stand upto it
For putting your children before anything else..
For trying to protect us against the world and sometimes even against ourselves
For not reciprocating and for taking all the teenage angst I threw at you
For bearing with the mean things I may have said in my absolute and complete stupidities
For saving when everything else failed
For being my last resort ...always
For making me study harder at school and college
For making me believe I could do a lot better everytime
For understanding my mood swings and putting up with them
For accepting D without any hang-ups, inspite of the different background
For throwing such a beautiful wedding, which cost you your savings
For facing the issues of 'gifting' during my marriage, even though it was everything against what we have grown up on and been taught to believe by you
For not only facing them but doing it with love just to make me happy
For boundlessly loving your son-in-laws without ever asking for the same level of love in return
For being socially politically correct..always being a little more polite to your samdhins..(ohhh!!hateful!!).
Inspite of my continued objections... continuing to give them gifts all the time...calling more times...way more than you get in return..even in terms of thank you calls
For continually worrying about my well-being...
For still advising me on everything...much needed
For loving unconditionally always, never demanding anything back, for being my pillars

No comments:

expatriate